This award is given to the organization with the most efficient housing project that is affordable to income earners who earn less than N50, 000 or can afford a mortgage of N10, 000 a month. These properties may be a new building or an extension to any existing property and can include single houses, housing developments, housing estates, apartments and social housing.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Project outline: Please provide a brief description of the project including the brief, contract value, square footage and the dates of commencement and completion.
- Project team: Please include a full list of the team that were involved in the project, i.e. client, designers, architects, engineers, project managers, contractors, key suppliers, etc.
- Planning and strategy: Why was this project commissioned? What strategy was undertaken to achieve the project’s aims and objectives? Was the project delivered on time and within budget?
- Project Excellence: Explain why you feel this project deserves special recognition for this award, highlighting any innovations introduced.
- Health & Safety: Outline the Health and Safety initiatives in place during the course of the project.
- Sustainability: Describe, if any, the steps taken to improve energy efficiency, increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) during construction and for the future use of the building(s).
Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry, including client testimonials where possible.