This award recognises the most interesting sustainable green building project completed in Nigeria over the past 12 months July 2016 –July 2017. This category is open to all residential or non-residential buildings or developments – including houses, apartments, offices, health, educational, leisure, hotels, industrial and public sector.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below
- Project outline: Please provide a brief description of the project including the brief, contract value, square footage and the dates of commencement and completion.
- Project team: Please include a full list of the team that were involved in the project, i.e. client, designers, architects, engineers, project managers, contractors, key suppliers, etc.
- Planning and strategy: Why was this project commissioned? What strategy was undertaken to achieve the project’s aims and objectives and how was sustainability placed at the forefront? Was the project delivered on time and within budget?
- Green Materials: What proportion of the project involved recycled or local materials? Was there a waste and recycling strategy employed and what did this achieve?
- Energy Performance: What is the kW usage per hour per square metre per annum for the project, and how does this compare with the norm for similar “standard” buildings? Has the building been monitored? If so what results have been achieved to date?
- Conservation: What energy and/or water conservation measures were employed? What energy sources were used? What levels of insulation have been achieved?
- Project Excellence: Explain why you feel this project deserves special recognition for this award, highlighting any innovations introduced