This award is in recognition of a distinctive project in the area of tourism and hospitality in Nigeria. The Project is awarded because of its innovativeness and standard. This includes any project or development in the tourism, visitor or leisure space, including visitor centres, hotels, swimming pools, golf clubs, stadiums, zoos, pubs, restaurants and night clubs. The sector also includes cinemas, theatres, bowling centres, health clubs and spas, conference centres, museums, galleries, holiday centres, casinos, churches and mosques, sports complexes and more.
• Project Outline: Kindly provide a summarized description of the project including the brief, contract value, square footage and the dates of commencement and completion.
• Project Team: Kindly state the project execution team, i.e. client, designers, architects, engineers, project managers, contractors, key suppliers, funders, etc.
• Planning and Strategy: Kindly provide the back-story behind the project initiation. What critical need and target was it intended for? Give details about the project execution strategy undertaken to achieve the project’s aims and objectives? What was the project delivery timeline and budget?
• Project Excellence: Kindly justify the project’s worthiness for this special recognition and award by highlighting its innovativeness, competitive advantage and expected impact.
• Health and Safety: Outline the Health and Safety initiatives put in place to ensure durability and general safety. Also, what were the project execution safety strategies?
• Sustainability: Describe, if any, the steps taken to improve energy efficiency; increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) during construction and for the future use of the building(s).
Originality: Projects that creatively highlight African culture and people will be highly considered by judges.
Kindly include any other detail or fact to support your entry, including client testimonials where possible.